We value your health as our top priority. Many of you have evolving concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We would like to share the protective measures we are taking to protect our patients and staff from the virus.
Your Next Appointment:
At this time, we cannot allow patients to bring guests to appointments. This includes children. Thank you for helping us protect your fellow patients, our employees and the community.
Please do not arrive sick! Even when there is no pandemic, please do not arrive to an appointment with a fever. If you have an upcoming appointment with us and you are running a fever, please call us and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
Face coverings: Facemasks or cloth face coverings are now mandatory in Florida. All people - sick or well - must use face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (for example, in exam rooms). Please arrive wearing your face covering and keep it on for the duration of your visit. This is especially critical for ultrasound appointments, as our sonographers are in close proximity to you for an extended period of time. The US Surgeon General created a short, 45-second video on how to make a face covering out of everyday items around the house.
New Entrance to our Building:
Click here for full, detailed directions for accessing our office during the pandemic.
- As a first line of defense, we locked the door to our main entrance. We did this to reduce the traffic through our lobbies, because people use our front entrance as a shortcut to other offices within the Azalea Building. To protect our patients and staff, so that every one can practice healthy social distancing, we closed that entrance.
- Patients must enter through the TMH Dozier Atrium. (You can park on any level of the parking deck and take the elevator or stairs down to the Ground Floor of the Atrium.)
- Safety note: TMH currently prohibits loitering or sitting in the atrium. The large, vaulted space should be free of congestion, so you can easily and safely pass through on your way to the elevators.
- Once in the Atrium, take a right into the Azalea Building, and take the Azalea Building elevators to the Second Floor.
- Safety note: Only 3 people are allowed on the elevators at a time right now.
- Once you arrive at our office floor, we have helpful markers on the floor to help you social distance while you proceed through the screening process.
Our Screening Process:
The second tier of screening occurs during the check-in process. Before we admit patients into the lobbies, we require them to pass through screening stations. We take each patient's temperature and have them complete a screening form that includes health and exposure questions. Our lobbies have social distance seating protocols as well.
We are maintaining our high standards of cleaning protocols and have increased the frequency of sanitation efforts. Although too numerous to mention them all, these protocols include thorough hand washing before handling medical equipment or patient documents, before and after touching patients, and after visiting the restroom. Our clinical staff sanitize exam tables and medical equipment before patients enter the exam room. We are taking efforts to limit the traffic through our lobbies and have removed all toys and magazines.
We continue to closely monitor the outbreak and any updates that may affect your health. You will hear from us again if we need to take further safety measures for you or your care team. For more information about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
Thank you for your continued trust in us! We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.
Please take care,
Your North Florida Women's Care Team
Updated: July 14, 2020