We value your health as our top priority. Many of you have growing concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We would like to share the protective measures we are taking and some useful information about the virus.
Your Next Appointment:
Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, we cannot allow patients to bring guests to appointments. This includes children. Thank you for helping us protect your fellow patients, our employees and the community.
Please do not arrive to our office sick! We are a well clinic only. If you have an upcoming appointment with us and you are running a fever, please call us and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
Coronavirus and Pregnancy:
Sources: the National Perinatal Association and the CDC
Note: These are subject to change as knowledge of the virus increases.
- The risk of a pregnant woman passing COVID-19 to her baby appears low.
- Pregnant women infected with COVID-19 experience symptoms similar to those reported in non-pregnant adults: cough, fever and shortness of breath.
- If you are pregnant, follow routine prevention of washing your hands thoroughly and staying way from people who are sick.
- If you are breastfeeding, keep breastfeeding. Breast milk provides protection against many illnesses, even when you are sick. The virus has not been detected in breast milk.
- As always, we strongly encourage all pregnant women to get the flu vaccine.
- TMH requests that if you are experiencing a fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat or rash, but are NOT having concerns related to your pregnancy (no pain, loss of movement, etc.) that you call your primary care provider and do not go to Labor & Delivery Triage at this time.
Daily Precautions at our Practice:
- As a first line of defense, we locked the door to our main entrance. We did this to reduce the traffic through our lobbies, because people use our front entrance as a shortcut to other offices within the Azalea Building. To protect our patients and staff, so that every one can practice healthy social distancing, we closed that entrance. Patients will need to enter through the TMH Dozier Atrium; take a right into the Azalea Building, and take the Azalea Building elevators to the Second Floor.
- The second tier of screening occurs during the check-in process. We have stations setup where we take each patient's temperature before they are admitted into the lobbies.
- We are maintaining our high standards of cleaning protocols and have increased the frequency of sanitation efforts. Although too numerous to mention them all, these protocols include thorough hand washing before handling medical equipment or patient documents, before and after touching patients, and after visiting the restroom. Our clinical staff sanitize exam tables and medical equipment before patients enter the exam room. We are taking efforts to limit the traffic through our lobbies and have removed all toys and magazines.
New Employee Policies:
We placed into effect special travel and wellness policies for all our employees. Any employee exhibiting signs or symptoms of illness or who are exposed to COVID-19 is sent home immediately.
We continue to closely monitor the outbreak and any updates that may affect your health. You will hear from us again if we need to take further safety measures for you or your care team. For more information about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
Thank you for your continued trust in us! We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.
Please take care,
Your North Florida Women's Care Team
Updated: March 25, 2020